I'm on the sofa enjoying having nothing to do. I sent an email to school requesting a meeting to discuss my being in New York for the summer. I have some folks looking for places for me to stay and I'm just really taking it all in and wondering what will come next.
It has been exactly one year since I participated in the 48 Hour Film Festival last year. In that year I started film school, went to the most prestigious film festival there is and scored an internship with one of the top directors of our time.
I'm in awe. Truly I am.
I never thought this would be a smooth road to travel and the fact that it is all kinda folding out before me really makes me proud of myself. Robby has been grinning from ear-to-ear too and he's quick to tell me just how proud of me he is as well.
Life is good.
I tell you what worries me. Being in New York away from my home during the week. That worries me. Robby says I need to get used to it because this journey will prolly have me away from home much more in the future.
You and your child's other parent have VERY different styles of discipline. You are not in a relationship with your child's other parent. You tell the other parent that you don't want your child spanked because that is not how you discipline.
Aiight you New Yorkers. Where should I look for a spot? I guess I could get away with renting a room somewhere as it will be just me. I'd return home every Friday and I will need the room for the summer.
I just thought of something...NY's subway scares me but I guess I'll be getting over that rather quickly huh? LOL.
Should I take my truck and just drive back and forth? Prolly not. Robby prolly won't go for me being on the road solo that often...hmmmm...
(Too bad it not in Chicago or I'd show up at LH's after our parking lot brawl and be like. DEAL WITH IT PUNK! NOW WHERE IS MY ROOM! AND I KNOW YOU GOT GOOD SHEETS SO DONT TRY HOLDING OUT ON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL THE GOOD STUFF NEEDA!)
I GOT AN INTERNSHIP WITH SPIKE LEE! I GOT AN INTERNSHIP WITH SPIKE LEE! I GOT AN INTERNSHIP WITH SPIKE LEE! I GOT AN INTERNSHIP WITH SPIKE LEE! I GOT AN INTERNSHIP WITH SPIKE LEE! I GOT AN INTERNSHIP WITH SPIKE LEE!
If one of your parents had a stroke today...are their finances such that they could afford the around the clock care they needed? If not...could you afford it? Could you afford to stop working to take care of them? Could you move them into your home? Have you guys sat down and talked about the very real possibility of something like this happening?
I refused to do any real shopping while I was in France because I was just too through with how rude the people were. It got so bad that I stopped COMPLETELY trying to communicate with them in their language and instead just pointed and waved money.
I'm going to believe that we are just like every other American citizen that visits their country and try our best to respect their language and their customs until we get fed the hell up with their attitudes and get to the point where YUP...we're the arrogant Americans.
I mean...there are just so many times you can hear folks talking shit to you about your country and who they PERCEIVE you to be before you don't want to hear NUTTIN they gotta say you know?
N E WAY...
I had in my mind that I was going to buy a hot black belt and a hot brown belt while there. I'm looking for something with a fiya belt buckle. Needless to say, I didn't even LOOK for one and returned home empty handed and now I'm mad cuz I prolly COULD have found what I was looking for there. I mean sheesh...shopping on the French Riviera? That's stuff a diva DREAMS of!!!!!
If I'm honest with myself I'm kinda tired of shopping. I was hitting it hard and heavy before we left in order to get ready for the trip and I got sick of it. (Shut UP oneblackman!)
I still need new jean belts but I'm not going to look for them. If you guys are out and about and see something I should look at please think of me and send me a shout out. I'll get my belts on AMERICAN soil!
(Okay...why do I LOVE it that Usher is performing wearing his wedding band? I JOCK THAT! GO USHER!)
I'm still resting and catching up with my sleep. I've been going to sleep every night before 9:30. Next week I get back to living. LOL! I need to touch bases with some contacts and I need to figure out...for once and for all...whether or not I REALLY wanna do an internship. Working for no money will be a novelty for me. LOL! You think I could get someone to pay me in gas?
WHY IS GAS $3.97 A GALLON FOR THE REGULAR BY OUR HOUSE??????? WOW!
So she won as best dancer for her day. Now...she has to win for best dancer of the WEEK! So...we vote. Why? Cuz it's our girl and if it was one of us yall KNOW Tanyetta would be our biggest cheerleader!
So I just got off the phone with Israel and Palestine. (That would be Shelly and oneblackman for anyone wondering.) There was an attempt at a reconciliation but Israel couldn't pull it off and Palestine forged ahead with promises of continued thinly veiled attacks.
Israel's attempt at extending an olive branch was thrown back because Palestine stated it was a STICKER BUSH and flew into a HISSYFIT (I was told to spell it as one word.)
I tried folks...no dice. The May 2008 Summit was a failure with promises of more attacks to come.
You're an adult and no longer live in your parent's home. As far as you know...your parents are happily married.
You are downtown one day for lunch and you see your dad going into a restaurant holding the hand of a woman who is NOT your mother. You get closer to the restaurant and see them being VERY affectionate with each other.
You get an email from someone you fell out with a minute ago and put on ignore. The person tells you all of this personal information about themselves AND includes recent pictures going on and on about how beautiful they are. You want the person to understand in no uncertain terms that you do NOT want any form of communication from them WHATSOEVER and say such in an email to which they continue exhibiting the same CRAZY AZZ stance by talking ish and sending even MORE pictures of themselves.
You begin to feel as if this person is off their rocker and is showing stalkerish tendancies of which, unfortunately, you've dealt with before and are NOT in the mood to deal with again.
"Check out this second installment from Terrance Dean's "Hiding in Hip Hop." This time, Dean describes various brothas on the down low in the music industry. As a bonus feature, Terrance recently sat down with Bossip staff to discuss his new book. He also shares helpful advice for Black women and the hint of a groundbreaking revelation."
(By the way...I don't know where Shelly got this from and I'm sure she done stolt it. ROFL!)
See if you can guess who's who:
1. "Malcolm" A record mogul who has diversified his success in music, business, clothing, and politics and who always has a stunning woman on his arm, had his boy toy in VIP with him (at an industry party)
2. "Gus" An R&B singer/songwriter who had written major hits for artists including En Vogue, SWV and Changing Face s. His clear skin, dark eyes, bushy eyebrows and short wavy hair..he was just too pretty. He eventually became a "gangster styled" artist.
3. "Craig" Top rapper who was a part of a successful rap group that changed the dynamics of hip-hop with their philosophical rhymes over hard-core beats. Craig garnered attention because of his rugged good looks that made him a standout in the group.
4. "Drake" He was a member of one of the most popular R&B groups. T hey ha d several number one Billboard hits, and the young girls loved him because the adorable, sexy front singer, Drake had a flamboyant stage presence. He was very eccentric in his style, defying more conventional looks in his appearance. Drake didn't hold back when he performed either.showing his muscular frame. [He] branched out on his own as a solo artist and had a huge hit single which led to a few acing roles in major motion pictures.
5. "Eli" A popular multiplatinum rapper who started his own label. Eli was a forced to be reckoned with. He flew out the gate with his debut album and would become a mainstay in the ever-changing Hip Hop industry. He has been hailed as one of the greatest rappers to bless the mic.
6. "Quinn" He had a velvet melodic voice and broke out with a sensual single in the late 90's. His self-titled debut album produced two top Billboard hits.
7. "Galvin" Once a part of a legendary R&B group who had experienced a brief stint as a successful solo artist, was allegedly linked romantically to an A-list male actor.