So...I'm still dealing with this issue today: Orange Glo left a dull residue build up on my hardwood floors!
I called Orange Glo (after being advised to do so by a floor refinisher who is sooooooo used to folks calling about this product/problem by the way) and the guy asked me to give him the barcode number as well as a number stamped on the bottle. I did. He then asked me how often is the product used. I told him and he was like...that's too much and started telling me how to clean my home. I interupted him and let him know I wasn't interested in a lecture from him and all he needed to do was tell me how to get the crap off my dang floors.
Needless to say...he picked right on up on the fact I am NOT please. At all.
So he gave me the following instructions:
- Mix 1/2 cup of ammonia with 1 gallon of warm water.
- Apply solution to floor with mop in inconspicuous place first to test.
- Once you determine it's okay to use on your floors...apply to floor and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Wipe up the solution with a clean soft cloth.
- Wipe with circular motion if there is more of a build up.
- According to how much build up you have...you might have to repeat the process until it's all off.
Humph. So now I'm sitting here trying to determine if I should do this myself or wait until Friday so Ms. Olga and crew can help me since I'll be moving furniture and whatnot. I am soooooooooooo unhappy about this. Truly so. This is just TERRIBLE. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!
The fact that this product is still on store shelves truly pisses me off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Lesson you should learn from my experience and, it seems, LOTS of other folks???????
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR WOOD FLOORS!
***UPDATED W/ RESULTS: http://creoleindc.typepad.com/rantings_of_a_creole_prin/2008/10/by-the-way-1.html