I'm a simple chick and have a few things that make my list of favorite things that might surprise many of you. These are a few of the things that I'd take with me if we ever had to evacuate quickly.
1. Panasonic PV-GS320 - A lot of research went into my handycam. This is the best 3CCD (VERY IMPORTANT) on the market. I have it with me at all times because it's small enough to fit in bags and light enough to hook to a lanyard around my neck in the event no bags are allowed per my recent visit to see our President Elect.
2. Smartwool socks - My feet are always cold when the temps drop. Smartwool is the way to go. I find them at TJMax but I won't lie and say I haven't bought some full price and not on sale. That's how good they are man. I buy the tall ones to wear under my footless tights that I wear with my boots and cute skirts as well as the regular ones for every day wear. Yeah...it's like that.
3. Bose 3-2-1 System - I bought this system the year I met The Robinator as a birthday prez to myself. Robby was visiting the day it arrived and he was sick. Poor baby. I wanted to take care of Robby but I wanted to set up my system too. Robby is not a good sick person so he whined and whined and whined until I gave him some special magic blue vitamins and then he got sleepy and I put him to bed so I could put my new toy together. The special vitamins? Tylenol PM. WHAT??? He got what he needed...GOOD SLEEP! He woke up the next morning refreshed because he'd slept for 10 hours. ROFL! I have only had one problem with this system and the customer service at Bose is so awesome that they sent me a new one out and told me to put the old one in the box the new one came in and send it back. Tell me how FABULOUS that is!
4. "Home Comforts" - As a good Southern girl I was in the kitchen with my mother often and learned a lot. My mother died before I was into homemaking so I there were lots of things I had questions about that I knew she could answer for me...but couldn't. When I found this book I realized no FABULOUS home should be without it. It is my BIBLE for all things keeping house related. Things I knew about but didn't know specifics OF were readily able to be investigated immediately just by flipping to the index. It is one of my most favorite things EVER and I've given it to more than one blushing bride. Keeping house is an art and this book is the manual. Yup. Me lurve this book and give it as a gift OFTEN!
5. Grapes - Hey...I love grapes. I could eat them all day every day if they didn't give me boo-boo cramps when I overdo them. ROFL! Grapes are my candy. Some folks might pull out a peppermint or a Werther's Original...me? A ziploc snack bag full of grapes. Yes. I know I'm odderiffic. :)
6. Blackberry Curve - Yes...there are bigger, badder phones out there. There are shinier ones and newer ones. Me? I'm sticking with this one till it dies on me. I waited and waited on the iPhone because I just KNEW that was the phone for me but when they announced it was AT&T only? Well...the kid said no. I hate my choices being taken away from me and that irked the HELL outta me. When they open up to other markets I will revisit...but until they do I'm rocking my Curve until it breaks down and turns to ash. My friends have learned that if they send me a text...they get an answer. That's not always the case when the phone rings. I find ringing phones intrusive. I hate intrusive. A friendly text ting though? All over it! I love my Curve and I love being able to blog from my phone when I'm out and about. My Curve ROCKS!
7. Gap Body Bikinis - In black. Hey...I'm a simple chick. I buy 10 of the same kinda undies at a time. No muss...no fuss. Simplicity at it's finest. Couple them with a black cotton cami and you always look sleek underneath.
8. Nike ACG Trail Shoe - I can't find a picture of the one I have online cuz they prolly don't make it anymore. I've had this shoe for a minute now and only recently have I found myself reaching for it more often than not. I love the traction it gives me and the control it allows me to have in the ankle area. My feet are really narrow and this shoe doesn't swallow them at all. Yup...a trail shoe is one of my favorite shoes EVER!!!!!
9. DenTex Floss Sticks - Yes. These are always with me. ALWAYS. Hey...flossing is my weird tick. I MUST floss after I eat ANYTHING. Even a dang mint.
10. MacBook Pro - Yes...it's EVERY.SINGLE.THING. I love this puter man. iMovie? iPhoto? Photo Booth? GarageBand? iCal? iTunes? iChat? iWeb? Final Cut Pro? *sigh* Nothing better IN MY OPINION. I likes it hot...waaaaaaaaay hot and it gets no hotter than my puter.
Imma stop at 10. Why? Cuz I could be here all night and I'm getting sleeeeeeeeeeepy.
Do you use any of my 10? What say you?