On Christmas day I was cooking and the fire alarm went off in our home. I was confused because nothing was smoking in the kitchen. Robby went to the panel and disarmed it but then the alarm company called and told us they'd sent out the fire department already because it was the carbon monoxide detector.
Then they told us to get out the house and wait on the fire department.
As they were telling us this...the fire department rolled up and we got out of their way. They were all official and whatnot with monitors and they checked the levels in our home for carbon monoxide. The highest they found was a 5. It's dangerous when it's 35.
So...it was determined that it's time to change out our detectors because they store "levels" and start going bad after about 10 years. We're going to get new ones installed in January because we didn't know they needed to be replaced every 10 years.
I don't know if you knew this or not...but now you do so yeah...check that out. Carbon Monoxide poisoning ain't nothing to play with.