Yesterday I decided to cook a pot roast I had in the freezer since The Robinator was kicking azz and taking names with the exterior Spring cleaning chores on our list.
We were both doing a lot of work so I didn't want to go back and forth dealing with anything so I decided to do a simple pot roast.
1. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Put 5 cloves of garlic throughout the roast. (Cut a slit and stick it in.)
3. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper all over.
4. Sprinkle roast with flour (I used gluten free) all over.
5. Quarter one large yellow onion.
6. Make thick cuts of carrots using 6 carrots.
7. Put three tablespoons of butter and three tablespoons of olive oil in a Dutch oven and melt butter.
8. Brown roast on both sides (about 4-5 minutes each) and remove to a plate.
9. Brown onion and carrots.
10. Replace roast.
11. Add 3 cups of beef broth.
12. Add 1 cup of Merlot.
13. Add 4 cloves of garlic.
14. Season with Creole seasoning and cayenne pepper.
15. Cover and put in oven for 4 hours. (My roast was almost 5 pounds.)
16. The last hour...adjust seasoning and put in cut up potatoes.
I served with garlic mashed potatoes and kale.
Errybody was happy!