I met the most fascinating man yesterday in the simplest way possible. See...I have a neighbor who is really into her landscaping and I was checking out her new perennials. I asked her where she purchased them and she told me that someone told her about this super cute little nursery that a man owns behind his house. I was looking for some different shade perennials so I figured I'd give it a try.
It was only about 12 miles away from my home and it was a stunningly beautiful and yet cool day so a drive was just the thing. I put the country ribs I had marinating the fridge in the oven on 225 degrees and set the oven timer for 3 hours leaving The Robinator with instructions to simply take them out when the timer went off.
I listened to music as Kadijah (the GPS lady) directed me to the address and oohed and aaahed over the simple, country style homes with porches and big, fenced in yards that I see in my future.
I found the house and followed the gravel around to the back as the signage directed me to do and I was presented with this:
Thank you guys so much for supporting us! it means the world to us!
If yall order today it will probably arrive in time to show your family for Thanksgiving! LOL!
Let 'em know we're doing big things and just trying to build an audience out there!
THANK YALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Those of you who've already purchased? Did you enjoy it? Were you impressed? Surprised? Horrified? Wanna pretend like you don't know or "know" me yet? LOL!
Last weekend my cellphone took a swim in a toilet so I had to go get a new one. My old phone was a Motorola Droid 2 Global and I'm not the type to get a new phone just cuz a new one came out. I get a new phone when my old phone no longer works.
AND IT NO LONGER WORKED.
I trotted off to Verizon early Sunday morning and sized up the new phones. The only one with a keyboard AND on the 4G network was the Motorola Droid 4.
Hey...I'm old. I need a keyboard to feel like I'm typing.
MOVING ON! LOL!
So I decided to get it.
Then I asked if they were going to give me a deal on buying batteries because I owned 4 batteries for my Droid 2 and I always run out of battery power before the end of the workday.
And the bottom dropped out.
Um...Ms. Mingo...the battery is built in. It doesn't come out.
Crap. Imma be one of those people always hunting down an outlet. *sigh*
I'm extremely forgetful so that thought scared me so I decided to get me a juice pack and I'm super happy with it. GO ME! Mophie Powerstation
What kind of phone are you using? Does it run out of juice before bedtime? How do you keep it charged up? Do you have a car charger too? Do you have a charger in your office and at home? Do you keep a charger in your bag?
I've decided that I need these bags in my life. That is all. Reisenthel EasyBags
THIS IS SO HOT!!!!! Black Art in America
When I'm working out of my home, I have to carry a lot of stuff. Heavy stuff. Stuff which makes my back scream eventually.
When I'm traveling, I carry a lot of heavy stuff too and I never survived a trip without having to take something for my back cuz I'd have a backpack on filled with camera equipment, laptop, etc.
The Robinator got tired of it and made me get, what I call, a rolly bag.
It's the same brand as my luggage and the handle comes up to a comfortable height for me even though I'm tall. I slide the straps of my purse around the handle and sit it on top of the rolly bag and I get my airport hustle on.
I remember thinking it was mad overkill initially but after a few trips with it...I realized how much of a back saver it really is.
And The Robinator was smug as hell. LOL!
It's totally like my absolute FAVORITE thing!
What do you keep your laptop in when YOU travel?
I would TOTALLY rock this fit. Seriously.
What say you?
The fanny pack redux! Kipling's "Multiple Belt Bag" is a stylish take on the fanny pack--it's a must for savvy travelers and easily converts into a shoulder bag.
If it's one thing I learned from being on set...I have to have a lot of ish with me. I'm moving all over the place and there may or may not be eyes on my bags at all times and I can't jump up and take my purse with me. LOL!
So...I bought me a fanny pack for my stuff I really shouldn't leave just hanging around while there are a hundred or so people around, most of which...I don't know. I figure it will fit my phone, charger, wallet, hotspot, keys, anti-bacterial, hand cream, pen, and receipts.
GO ME! (Please don't forget to remind me that I bought this when I start shooting again cuz yall know I be fo'gettin. Thank you in advance.)
Let the ridiculing begin knowing I don't EVEN.MUCH.CARE!
I absolutely ADORE my Pinterest pins! They are seriously ME, ME, ME!
For Christmas I give the neighbors homemade bark as you guys know. I love doing it because I don't get to see many of my neighbors when it's cold out. Most of them try and feed me or make me drink wine with them while there and we catch up for a few minutes while wishing each other happy holidays.
I have a lot of neighbors who don't celebrate Christmas but I give it to them too. And they are always very happy and appreciative.
My neighbors rock.
Yall might remember my neighbors who are Pakistani and my hostess gift dillema: "Muslim Hostess Gift?"
Well...they got bark too, of course, and grinned from ear-to-ear when they received it.
A few days ago it was cold as hell and snowing. I was in my office when the doorbell rang and looked out to see my neighbor standing out in the cold. I ran down. I couldn't invite her in because she's afraid of dogs and well...if you've ever ding-donged the doorbell at 13700...you know the Jaru/Lucy reaction.
So I went outside and we chatted for a few freezing seconds and then she handed me the gift bag she was holding.
Her: It's a traditional bed sheet.
Me (CLEARLY SURPRISED): Oh...thank you!
She left and I rolled back into the house.
When I took out the gift I was stunned at how extraordinarily beautiful it is. It's woven in a gorgeous teal green and brown and yes...it's the size of a bed. Think of the most luxurious REAL pashmina you've ever seen. Now think of it...the size of your bed.
Okay...so...I absolutely love it. The quality and FEEL of it is just soooooooo amazing to me. It's so beautiful and yet...I don't know what to do with it. It seems such a shame to not have something so gorgeous on display but where? How? It doesn't go with the decor in our room or our guest bedroom so...I'm not going to use it as a coverlet...so what are my options?
Help ya girl out.
What would YOU do with it?
Oh...and I am sooooooooooo ordering them a King Cake for Mardi Gras. LOL!
I dress The Robinator pretty okay. I know fabrics and enjoy seeing him in a well cut suit. I think I have a flair for awesome shirt and tie combinations and I do believe his business wardrobe reflects that.
But at our age...it was time to step us his game.
How do you step up such a game you ask?
Off to Mr. Bryn Keith we went for the best service and saavy this side of the Mason Dixie line.
We had an appointment and Bryn stepped out of his spot to greet us like old family. Bryn's height makes you think of an athlete and makes you wonder just what this man knows about the art of gentlemen wares but baaaaaaaby...you soon recognize dude knows his stuff.
He welcomed us into his office and simply sat and talked to us for a bit. Just got comfy ya know? He asked Robby (me) a lot of questions about his wardrobe and what he was looking for and Robby (I) answered. Sitting there talking to him was cool because dude is really quite knowledgeable about it all.
While talking to Bryn we realized he had some MAJOR fancy clients so we were waiting for him to realize we were frauds at any minute. LOL! The funniest part to me? The Robinator looking at swatches! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I NEVER, EVER, EVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY! LOL!
Dude has a clear thing for the color blue when left to his own devices so I had to intervene. When he argued about the differences in the color blue I pointed out the hypocrisy of said argument after the argument over the color I want to paint the main level of our home. ROFL!
After we picked out some colors, cuts, styles, pleats, cuffs, monograms, collars, etc...Robby got measured up good.
And then we rolled out feeling good, feeling great, how are you! I'm thinking custom is going to be The Robinator's one, two from here on out and Bryn Keith is definitely going to be our place to go. With Robby's measurements on file as well as a wish list...he can get new duds with a phone call.
Check out Bryn Keith on Facebook and on Twitter too! He has all sorts of classes for men regarding style and fashion and I know a WHOLE LOTTA men folk who need their biz wardrobe stepped up several notches! GO YOU!
Oh...and you KNOW he does clothing for women too! Um...yall know I'm a sucker for that hot, fiyah! :) If you go...tell him The Robinator sent you as Robby thinks he's an expert now. o_0
When was the last time YOU had something custom made? (Erica Bunker may not answer this question. LOL!)
When I like something...I like it. It's really quite that simple.
My FAVORITE book this year?
The Wagon Wheel Ranch is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
Whenever I travel or even just leave my home with computer, et al...I have one or both of these with me.
The first is a portable external harddrive that can hold all of my pictures, music, etc. It's small enough to fit in my bag without a problem and lightweight. I always transfer the stuff on here to my home external harddrive as soon as I get home because hey...the fact that it's portable leaves the field wide open for damage.LaCie Rugged All-Terrain 500 GB USB 2.0/FireWire 400/800 Portable External Hard Drive 301371
The second thingy is simply a three port outlet. This way...If I need to charge up my phone and my laptop but can only find one outlet or don't want to be an outlet hog in the event someone else is looking for one...I plug this puppy in and I'm in business.
This one is actually bad azz and I will be replacing mine with it post haste. GO ME!Belkin BZ103050vTVL Mini Surge Protector/Dual USB Charger
Hey...I be thinking...
ROFL!Do YOU have anything like these?
Yall should take donations and buy me one of these so when it's snows as it's snowing...we can dig out without breaking our backs. Please set up a PayPal account and donate money and then one of yall get the money, call the Bobcat people and have this delivered.
I hope yall love me enough. Sniff...sniff...
Thank you in advance.
This is sure to become one of my FAVORITE things once it is delivered! Whatchu think about this? Isn't it GENIUS???????????? THE ANTI-BOTTLE
According to some...I'm a Diva. I don't think so personally even as I know I'm VAIN.AS.HELL and love, love, LOVE me some spoiling me ROTTEN!
I KNOW I'm not the only person who suffers from Princess Syndrome so I'll give you a few hints on the eve of Christmas Eve as to what you can pick up those on your list you adore who are VAIN.AS.HELL too or who are trying to BE more VAIN.AS.HELL!
Hey...it's a revolution playas! THE MORE VAIN THE BETTER! Nothing wrong with "feeling good, feeling great how are you!!!!"
1. The White House Christmas Ornament - Even as I wasn't THOROUGHLY impressed with this year's design, the historical implications of this year is enough to make me smile whenever I look it at. I have purchased one every year The Robinator and I have been together and they make me smile indeedly. They come in lovely boxes that are very easy to store as they stack well and the insides of the boxes are fitted so the ornament doesn't shift.
2. Land's End Roll Collar Fleece - Hey...Vanity gotta keep warm too playas! LOL! I bought this in several colors. The fleece isn't too thick so you can wear it under your outterwear and the collar adds an interesting frame to your face. The colors are FA-BU-LOUS and you'd be hard pressed not to find a color that looks good on you. I'm thinking I need to roll through and pick up the mustard yellow one too! I love the kangaroo pocket in the front and find they are my go to item to wear around the house with my fleece pants! GO ME!
3. Sam Fine's "The Basics of Beauty" DVD - I don't EVEN much have to tell yall why. You already know. I saw a lady yesterday with makeup on like Precious' mama had on when she went up there to them welfare people and I shuddered. Let's not let ourselves make these types of mistakes...mmmmmkay? You ALREADY know I think yall too cute for all that.
4. Bliss Blood Orange + White Pepper Soapy Suds 2X THE SIZE! 1/2 THE PRICE!!!!! - Seriously...I bought a few bottles of this because at only $18 a bottle of my absolute FAVORITE scent EVER for bubbles I lost my ever.loving.mind. I already know how much it USED to cost and am some kinda glad they listenedd to the recession and did something to save the brand cuz baaaaaaaaaaaby...the kid was rationing the use of the original size like it was the Cold War round these here parts...yall REMEMBER how The Robinator almost got something severed when he used my stuff the LAST time right? RIGHT!
5. Sephora Brand Vanilla Cupcake Gift Set - At this price...you can gt this for mini-Divas in training, young adult Divas, old heads...hell...even your boss Diva. ROFL!
6. Sephora Brand Guava Passion Body Collection - This is my usual everyday go-to layered scent. I wear it because my husband likes it. That is all. Hey...we grown AND married. I ain't even much gotta paint a picture for yall.
7. Random small plate and matching coffee/tea mug. Sometimes a girl likes to get her meal on in extra fancy solo style. She could have decided to stay home but send the kids to school and husband to work. She could bring home the most perfect muffin she's ever seen and is waiting to savor it in the morning with her cup of coffee...regardless of the time...it always makes it EXTRA special if it's done using her ONLY Princess plate and mug. Seriously. I know yall know I have issues...but seriously...this one is cutesy and serves the purpose of bringing out that Princess in you when you absolutely need it.
8. An extra battery for her cell phone. What? I've found mine comes in HANDILY! LOL!
9. Robin Thick "Sex Therapy." (No words needed with his lil mannish azz...)
10. Laura Izibor "Let the Truth Be Told" (It's life baby...it's life...)
Had my vain behind received ANY of these gifts I would have been ECSTATIC! You know...if I hadn't already bought them myself. ROFL!
All right...I gotta get outta here. I've got OODLES AND OODLES AND OODLES TO DO!
Anything on this list you can see yourself getting the Divas in YOUR life INCLUDING you?
I usually take my Wüsthof knives to a hardware store to have them sharpened but ran out of time this week. When I was in Williams-Sonoma recently to pick up my Turkey Brine I saw this Wüsthof Edge of Counter Sharpener and bought it since it was only $9.95. I'm from the South where my father would take the knives out back with a sharpening stone and some oil that was in a thin red and white can to sharpen. Robby and I just ain't that person. LOL! Good thing we don't have to be! I used this tonight and IT WORKED SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't get yourself anything this year for Christmas...get this. You'll be grateful it's in your home! My knives are as sharp as I remember them being after the pros sharpen them! IT'S MY NEW.FAVORITE.THING (Next to my Wii and Wii Fit Plus of course! ROFL!) GO ME! AND GO YOU TOO!
I got this lovely set from Target for $9.99 and I find myself LOOKING for reasons to put them on! GO ME! I can't find this exact set online but they are similar to these: Merona 5-Row Stretch Bracelet
Have YOU ever bought costume jewelry from Target? Whatcha get? How much did it run ya? Not much huh? ROFL!
I gave yall 10 of mine the other day...YOUR TURN! What are 5 of YOUR favorite things? http://creoleindc.typepad.com/rantings_of_a_creole_prin/2008/11/panasonic-pv-gs.html
I'm a simple chick and have a few things that make my list of favorite things that might surprise many of you. These are a few of the things that I'd take with me if we ever had to evacuate quickly.
1. Panasonic PV-GS320 - A lot of research went into my handycam. This is the best 3CCD (VERY IMPORTANT) on the market. I have it with me at all times because it's small enough to fit in bags and light enough to hook to a lanyard around my neck in the event no bags are allowed per my recent visit to see our President Elect.
2. Smartwool socks - My feet are always cold when the temps drop. Smartwool is the way to go. I find them at TJMax but I won't lie and say I haven't bought some full price and not on sale. That's how good they are man. I buy the tall ones to wear under my footless tights that I wear with my boots and cute skirts as well as the regular ones for every day wear. Yeah...it's like that.
3. Bose 3-2-1 System - I bought this system the year I met The Robinator as a birthday prez to myself. Robby was visiting the day it arrived and he was sick. Poor baby. I wanted to take care of Robby but I wanted to set up my system too. Robby is not a good sick person so he whined and whined and whined until I gave him some special magic blue vitamins and then he got sleepy and I put him to bed so I could put my new toy together. The special vitamins? Tylenol PM. WHAT??? He got what he needed...GOOD SLEEP! He woke up the next morning refreshed because he'd slept for 10 hours. ROFL! I have only had one problem with this system and the customer service at Bose is so awesome that they sent me a new one out and told me to put the old one in the box the new one came in and send it back. Tell me how FABULOUS that is!
4. "Home Comforts" - As a good Southern girl I was in the kitchen with my mother often and learned a lot. My mother died before I was into homemaking so I there were lots of things I had questions about that I knew she could answer for me...but couldn't. When I found this book I realized no FABULOUS home should be without it. It is my BIBLE for all things keeping house related. Things I knew about but didn't know specifics OF were readily able to be investigated immediately just by flipping to the index. It is one of my most favorite things EVER and I've given it to more than one blushing bride. Keeping house is an art and this book is the manual. Yup. Me lurve this book and give it as a gift OFTEN!
5. Grapes - Hey...I love grapes. I could eat them all day every day if they didn't give me boo-boo cramps when I overdo them. ROFL! Grapes are my candy. Some folks might pull out a peppermint or a Werther's Original...me? A ziploc snack bag full of grapes. Yes. I know I'm odderiffic. :)
6. Blackberry Curve - Yes...there are bigger, badder phones out there. There are shinier ones and newer ones. Me? I'm sticking with this one till it dies on me. I waited and waited on the iPhone because I just KNEW that was the phone for me but when they announced it was AT&T only? Well...the kid said no. I hate my choices being taken away from me and that irked the HELL outta me. When they open up to other markets I will revisit...but until they do I'm rocking my Curve until it breaks down and turns to ash. My friends have learned that if they send me a text...they get an answer. That's not always the case when the phone rings. I find ringing phones intrusive. I hate intrusive. A friendly text ting though? All over it! I love my Curve and I love being able to blog from my phone when I'm out and about. My Curve ROCKS!
7. Gap Body Bikinis - In black. Hey...I'm a simple chick. I buy 10 of the same kinda undies at a time. No muss...no fuss. Simplicity at it's finest. Couple them with a black cotton cami and you always look sleek underneath.
8. Nike ACG Trail Shoe - I can't find a picture of the one I have online cuz they prolly don't make it anymore. I've had this shoe for a minute now and only recently have I found myself reaching for it more often than not. I love the traction it gives me and the control it allows me to have in the ankle area. My feet are really narrow and this shoe doesn't swallow them at all. Yup...a trail shoe is one of my favorite shoes EVER!!!!!
9. DenTex Floss Sticks - Yes. These are always with me. ALWAYS. Hey...flossing is my weird tick. I MUST floss after I eat ANYTHING. Even a dang mint.
10. MacBook Pro - Yes...it's EVERY.SINGLE.THING. I love this puter man. iMovie? iPhoto? Photo Booth? GarageBand? iCal? iTunes? iChat? iWeb? Final Cut Pro? *sigh* Nothing better IN MY OPINION. I likes it hot...waaaaaaaaay hot and it gets no hotter than my puter.
Imma stop at 10. Why? Cuz I could be here all night and I'm getting sleeeeeeeeeeepy.
Do you use any of my 10? What say you?
When I was in The Container Store on Saturday I saw these thingys that you slip over tubes to get all the product out. I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can get every dollop of hand cream and hair moisturizer out! GO ME!
How much does your purse weigh? I weighed mine today. 8.5 pounds. No WONDER my dang shoulder is kicking my butt!
All of this stuff is what I carry around with me daily. I don't know why. Well...yeah I do. I need to be entertained so I have my video iPod, a book, and a magazine. That's a given. ALWAYS have those things with me. And then...there is all the other stuff. Hand sanitizer, hand lotion, migraine meds, benadryl (allergic to bee stings), brush, hair bands, thumb drive, nail file, notepad, pen, checkbook, wallet, etc.
It's a LOT of stuff.
But...I don't like it to be all cluttered up looking so I'm always on the lookout for a good, organized tote and this tote is it.
My favorite tote that I own...hands down...is my Tumi tote:
I'm sure you know Tumi (www.Tumi.com) for their luggage, but don't forget to check out their handbags and totes too. I have a few of their things to include a briefcase that I haven't used in years but know that should I ever need to use a briefcase again...it'll always be practical and in style.
Do you keep as much crap in your bag as I keep in mine? What's your favorite tote gotta have? Lots of compartments? Big roomy zippered sections? A keychain hook?
What do you consider when looking for the perfect tote?
Oh yeah...and before yall balk at the prices on the Tumi site...DON'T. I only add the site so you know what to look for when you see it. I bought this bag at TJ Max baby! Yup! It retailed at Tumi for $180 and was at TJ Max for $49.99. I watched it and got it on clearance for $36. Monnie ain't no fool! See...ya gotta KNOW quality brands so that when you see it somewhere for a great price...you recognize it and don't pass it up. Me...I NEVER pass it up! LOL!
I don't remember how I started getting it, but every now and then I get Kraft's "Food & Family" magazine. I have saved everyone I have received because it's chock full of real recipes that are quick and easy. And better than that...the magazine is FREE! I must have just signed up once a minute ago and don't remember. But I do remember how much me LOVE it!
Here is the link to get your own free copies: http://www.kraftfoods.com/promo/ffmag/ffmag_offer_signup_landing.aspx?m=/profile/profile_log_in_start&promo_id=2928&task=FFMag&s=profile&redirect=/main.aspx&appswitch=food_family_mag&rmain=food_family_mag/ffmag_main
This is the most FABULOUS thing I have bought in a long, long time! It's called "The Bible Experience" and is the bible on CD. Wait...here is the kicker...it's read with dramatic presence by the likes of Samuel Jackson (who does a VERY good God), Angela Bassett, Bishop T.D. Jakes, Blair Underwood, Forest Whitaker, Yolanda Adams, Denzel Washington, Derek Luke, etc. etc.
I've been listening to this this evening and yall...I'm loving it big time. BIG TIME! It makes the bible VERY exciting!
Now...I'm not a big holy roller but I have read the bible cover to cover twice in my life because I just wanna KNOW ya know. And yes...I believe with all of me in the Lord Almighty before you even ask. I'm just not all that holy rollerish as I feel that people should focus on living morally instead of religiously since everyone's religion is different.
So there. :)More info here: http://www.amazon.com/Inspired-Bible-Experience-New-Testament/dp/0310926319/sr=8-1/qid=1168822382/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4265961-2927260?ie=UTF8&s=books
Let me just say this...
I love theatre and I have been blessed to be able to enjoy some of the most FABULOUS shows on Broadway and in other theatre "districts" around the world. I have even had the pleasure of seeing "The Phantom of the Opera" at Her Majesty's Theatre in London which was RENOVATED for that performance complete with the best special effects money could buy.
When I took my seat at the H Street Playhouse, I wasn't anticipating much because there was no stage per se...just the floor and on either side...rows of chairs...not many...just enough. On both ends of the "stage" area were floor to ceiling black and white murals. Very, very simple. In fact, the simplest I have EVER seen.
Yall...I WAS BLOWN AWAY! The performances were exactly as they should have been. Respectful of the craft and of the intelligence level of the audience.
If you've read Madame Morrison's book...you know the subject is very disturbing and quiet heavy. It was so heavy I was prepared to be in gloom and doom for two hours. Instead, it started light, fun and carefree. There was just enough humor to make us comfortable before the heaviness was heaved at us.
The way this book was adapted into a play was sheer genius. Lydia Diamond (adaptor) and David Muse (Director)...wow. Just...wow.
If you have a love for theatre as I do...put this one on your list. It was beautiful in a dark, deep, way. I have NEVER enjoyed another play more. Seriously. I even enjoyed it more than "The Color Purple."
After the play we had dinner at D.C. Coast and then hung out briefly at Lima Lounge. I say briefly cuz we too old to be staying out all late tryna hang. LOL! We all yawnin and ish wondering when someone was gonna say they were ready to go. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Shelly and I
Me and Queeny (OPEN YOUR EYES QUEENY!!!!!)
This is the first time I've had it monogrammed (prolly cuz it was free with my cheap butt...ROFL).
Me lub it. I got it at Cuddledown. I find that it's best for my hair AND my face to sleep on silk. I used to just use satin but silk is better for the skin I've read. :)
I love jewelry (insert Duh! here) and like any well-dressed woman...I love costume jewelry as well.
Now...I have two jewelry boxes for my real jewelry. A gorgeous jewelry box Robby gave me our second Christmas together (inside were VERY gorgeous diamond hoop earrings)holds my extra special real jewelry and a much smaller metal round box with a dragonfly on it (bought it at TJ Maxx) for my everyday real jewelry.
So...where oh where do I keep my costume jewelry? Well...up until Saturday night...it was scattered everywhere and was quite frustrating when I was in a hurry and couldn't detangle something I wanted to wear.
Guess what? NO MORE! I found the most FABU thing! Absolutely FABU! Amy and I went to The Container Store on Saturday and bought this. It's reversible and has pockets on both sides so you can organize your jewelry individually. And get this...it was only $9.99! Hanging Jewelry Organizer. My only complaint is that I shoulda got the bigger one cuz, of course, I've run out of pockets already.
To buy personalized stationery: Horchow
Sophia Confronts Celie
Robby and I are bored. So what do we do? We surf for stuff that makes us smile:
You never hear of anyone using the word diabolical. And yet...it's such a great word!
adj 1: showing the cunning or ingenuity or wickedness typical of a devil; "devilish schemes"; "the cold calculation and diabolic art of some statesmen"; "the diabolical expression on his face"; "a mephistophelian glint in his eye" [syn: devilish, diabolic, mephistophelian, mephistophelean] 2: extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting hell; "something demonic in him--something that could be cruel"; "fires lit up a diabolic scene"; "diabolical sorcerers under the influence of devils"; "a fiendish despot"; "hellish torture"; "infernal instruments of war"; "satanic cruelty"; "unholy grimaces" [syn: demonic, diabolic, fiendish, hellish, infernal, satanic, unholy]
That sounds like the same way we use the phrase "HOT MESS." I think I'm going to start using the word diabolical in place of hot mess. (I really liked the inference of hellish torture.LOL!)
Monnie...you are a DIABOLICAL Ninja! Let's all use it in a sentence today!!!!!!!
As you know, I'm from the South but now live in the East. The NORTH East. As in cold as hell.
Well, I've been here for quite some time now and I STILL haven't gotten used to the cold even though idiots have been telling me for years that I'll get used to it soon. NOT!
There are so many reasons why you should limit the use of forced heating in your home. Dry skin and hair leading that list. Anyone who visits my home in the winter knows to expect it to be cold and dresses accordingly. We LIVE in fleece. LOL! So we are pretty comfortable when we are home. The test comes however when it's time to go to bed.
I don't know about you, but there is nothing worse to me than getting into a cold bed. It takes forever to warm up and it's quite torturous until it does. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Last winter I bought one of Robby's and my favorite things. A heated mattress pad. When I tell you there is nothing like this thing in the WORLD...trust me. When we come upstairs for bed, we immediately turn it on. The great thing about ours is that we each have our own control so we can make it as warm as each of us like it. Needless to say...I put mine as high as it can go. LOL! We then go to the bathroom for our bedtime ritual as I'm sure you do. Brush our teeth, wash and moisturize our face, floss and tease each other. (Robby always makes me laugh in the bathroom so I can have more spittle on my side of the mirror than he does! LOL!)
By the time we get into bed sans our fleece, it's sooooooooooooooooooooo toasty! NO MORE COLD FEET! AND NO MORE WEARING SOCKS TO BED WHICH GET TOO HOT DURING THE NIGHT! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!
Before we actually go to sleep, we both turn our sides off because it still makes me nervous sleeping with it on. I don't want to be the first person to wake up in a burning bed because of a mattress pad. LOL!
I bought ours from Sears: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?vertical=HSWR&bidsite=&pid=096DM144000&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes And yes...I've noted they are temporarily out of stock. Maybe next winter you can get one too.
Awwwwww life. Too good for words sometimes.
Yesterday I bought my new favorite thing! A LEAF BLOWER! WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOO! I love it, love it, love it! I blew so much that I blew away all the mulch, then...well...erra... we had to re-mulch...oh...and I forgot someone would have to actually pick UP the leaves once I blew them from where they were and since that's Robby's department...he had to come out and do just that while a good game was on. Needless to say he kept shooting me dirty looks the entire time mumbling incoherently under his breath. I quietly put away my leaf blower as he raked up leaves and went inside the house.